Mrs. Charlton's Academic Literacy Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blogging safety

2 posters

Go down

blogging safety Empty blogging safety

Post  laterria Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Some potential dangers of blogging mentioned in these texts are threatening, harassing, cyber bullying, harm to reputation, and putting personal information in your blogging profiles, which could lead to stalking. All of these concerns are legitimate because they all have the same high level of danger. And any of these can happen to anyone if they use texts the wrong way and are not careful. But the main concern is harassment and cyber bullying. They could lead to depression, low self esteem and even suicide.

I think hen practicing responsible blogging; students should keep a few things in mind: never give out any personal information. You don’t know every single human being that is using the internet, so it’s safe to keep all private details to yourself. Also, do not engage in inappropriate conversation that could lead to physical or psychological abuse. Any rude comments that you may have, just keep them to yourself. And if inappropriate comments are being directed towards you, ignore them and that person.

If I had to decide 2-3 rules that I think would be appropriate for the class to follow as part of an internet publishing policy would be; to
laterria
laterria

Back to top Go down

blogging safety Empty Re: blogging safety

Post  Quoya Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:41 am

I agree with Laterria about the text thearts and cyber bullying. She is also right about not knowing every person on the internet because eveyone is not who they ay they are. Pictures of people and names can be a lie too. The many people that give in to these simple mistakes while being on the internet go through a psychological abuse which is a true statement by Laterria. We can not allow ourselves to be fooled and tricked by the many internet predators and stalkers.

Quoya

Back to top Go down