Mrs. Charlton's Academic Literacy Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super powers

2 posters

Go down

Super powers Empty Super powers

Post  julisa Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:51 am

A convention is a widely used and accepted device or technique. It’s a custom that is followed by many people. One comic book convention seems to be the way Super Heroes get their power. Batman and Iron Man both derive their power from the technology they use. Heroes like Superman and the X-Men are born with their super power. Others, like the Hulk and Spiderman, gain super powers through accidents. Now is the time for you to decide how you are going to get your super power. Choose the convention which you like the best and write about the positive and negative aspects of gaining power in that manner. In paragraph form, address two positive things about getting your power from your chosen convention and two negative things.

The convention I would like best is to be born with my powers. A positive thing about it is that you would be able to things people half your age can not do. For example being able to fly may be one of your super powers, what other person you know would be able to do the same thing? Another positive thing about it is that you would know what you are capable of doing instead of getting them after you’ve been in an accident. However, a negative thing about being born with super powers is that you would not be like any regular person. Sometimes all you want to do is be normal and not have you set apart from everybody else. Another negative is that you may have side effects that come with having side effects.
Very Happy

julisa

Back to top Go down

Super powers Empty that would be great

Post  joseph g Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:27 am

well i agree with you.. that would suck if you could be normal like all the other kids. but i would be great to fly to school in the morning and not have to catch the bus... or in other words the bus catch you lol. Very Happy
joseph g
joseph g

Back to top Go down